For the first time in forever. I'm actually there now waiting to enroll. So I'm gonna write a post about what I look for in a gym. :)
- Do I need a contract? If so, good bye. I got hurt and couldn't go to the gym anymore and got stuck in a contract. It's a bit more expensive per month depending on the gym, but it sucks to get stuck.
- Do they have a lot of cardio equipment, such as treadmills and ellipticals? I do a half hour cardio and a half hour weights- in THAT order. Those things fill up fast and I want them to have a lot.
- Will their hours fit in with my schedule? The gym I'm sitting in has the hours I need to make it at least 3-4 times per week with my work schedule.
- Do they have a variety of equipment? You don't want to get bored.
- Is the equipment up to date? Don't want old stuff that looks rickety!
- Do they offer classes? This is optional but nice to have. :)
- Is there good music? I don't bring headphones so I like good music. :) Also optional.
- Is the staff friendly?
- Is there a variety of people? I would hate to only work out with athletes, lol. Not that I don't like athletes, but they intimidate me.
- Is it close? If I have to drive an eternity and search for parking, I'm not goning to want to go.
I'm all enrolled! Monthly fee of $38 at Bellingham Fitness under the student plan!!! :D I'll probably right about things not to forget when going to the gym tomorrow. Because I forgot some things. I'll probably talk about my work out routines too, at some point. :)
<3 - CFC