- The actual clothes you'll work out in. I wear a T-Shirt and cotton capris because I like my clothes to be able to breathe (sweat is nasty and I sweat a lot. Sexy and I know it).
- BRING CLEAN UNDERWEAR IF YOU PLAN ON CHANGING BACK AT THE GYM. Trust me, just do it. I didn't once. EW. Just ew.
- Make sure you have comfortable shoes made for running (I do cardio).
- Different socks to wear while working out.
- SPORTS BRA, LADIES. Wear one.
So I take a shower after I work out. I'm also a girl with hair needs. If you just drive straight home in your work out clothes/come in them, you can ignore this. I come in street clothes, completely change, work out, shower, then change back. Because I don't like sweaty clothes.
- I use travel bottles and fill them with my shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.
- Wash cloth/whatever you use to bathe.
- Something to carry the toiletries in that can get wet.
- Your hair product (if you use any). I have the same product in my gym bag that I use at home. You can just transfer your product from the gym bag and back again if you want, but I don't like to.
- Anything else that you would use in the shower/after taking one.
- Towel and something to put it in so it doesn't get your clothes wet. I have a little cloth bag.
- Flip flops to wear in the shower. Do it.
Here's some random stuff that I make sure to have.
- Something to carry everything, usually called a gym bag since you take it to the gym and all. Mine is pretty big and has a compartment just for my shoes. It also has an outer pocket where I keep toiletries and another outer one for product/whatever. Use whatever works for you. This bag doubles as the bag I use when I go on vacation/home for the holidays so it's a bit bigger.
- Pads/tampons for the ladies. Never be without!
- Extra hair ties/clips.
- A lock. Mine is a padlock, so I wear the key on a necklace under my clothes. I use to have a combo lock, but I lost it. :(
- Weight training gloves if you're like me and have wimpy hands. Otherwise my hands hurt.
- I have a planner that I keep track of my work outs and weigh-ins in. I usually do cardio for half an hour, so I track my mile time. Then I track what part of the body I worked out- Arms/Abs/Chest or Legs/Butt/Back. I switch which area each day so the other gets a rest.